Guest: I Am Concerned

This blog post is not from your Wrangler Curmudgeon, rather from a guest.

I am concerned. Folks tell me that the Wranglers new coach has issues - lots of issues. I've heard that he's got a temper that will make Grumpy of the 7 Dwarfs look like Happy and because of that he's banned in 5 states from coaching. Don't believe me? Do a search on the Web. You'll get the same results as I did. My favorite was, "Steve Chelios was my hockey coach for a short (thankfully) period of time and he was a complete jackass. Got himself fired for cussing out ..."

I am concerned. I'm not hearing of anybody wanting to come back to the Wranglers. Sam is going to U O. Grant don't want to come back. Aaron is a Canadian and playing up in Canada. And, Josef is a Canadian wanna be. That leaves Joe Summa who reportedly hasn't touched ice since last season and Chad Steiner - who? The story is that the Wranglers got two tenders but Casper the friendly ghost and Beetlejuice don't count. Even if they did count them, the Wranglers only got 4 players not even a full line.

I am concerned. I've heard that Chelios is the only coach. No assistant coaches. Steve is going to coach the offense, defense and goalies. Bonnelli has been told to "go fly a kite." If you look at Steve's coaching record he's got more losses than wins. His latest team was the Laconia Leafs for the 2007-2008 season and they had a 5 - 36 record! He didn't even make a full season coaching the Orangeville Crushers in 2006-07.

I am concerned about another losing season. Think about it, a hot tempered coach; no players to build on; and limited coaching ability. Here's what Orangeville had to say, "I thought Cheli did a very good job coming in, taking on a new team and developing the talent we have to the point they are today. The problem was that we were getting to a point where a pattern was evolving, same type of game, same type of loss."

I am concerned. Thank you for allowing me to post to the Wrangler blog.

Your Wrangler blog host - the Wrangler Curmudgeon - has no opinion towards the above guest blog post. In fact, if there are supportive comments and testimonials bring them forth to counter the above guest blog opinion.
-
Are you interested in writing for the Wrangler blog? Send your blog post as a comment. The rules are no profanity; no anonymous (include your E-mail address so I can contact you); no personal attacks on players, fans, teams; and try to have some accuracy in your comments. There's no guarantee I'll post it but I'll consider it.