Vacation time

Sorry Wrangler fans it's vacation time. I'm going to step away from my Wrangler curmudgeon post and do something totally non-hockey, like find my way to a deserted island away from it all. This way when I return I will be ready for another long season of Wrangler hockey.

I decided to avoid the Vegas Globals thing because I don't like Vegas. How can you have hockey in Vegas? That ain't a hockey town. Oh well. I heard that Kevin & Steve will be there recruiting. So, why do I need to be there? Additionally, the NorPac draft should be announced within a couple of weeks. And, once again the Wranglers will once again have the No. 1 draft pick. So there's opportunity for plenty of good players for the Wranglers. When you look at the Wranglers Web site you will notice that they are working hard to get some good players and turn the season around. In fact, I was forwarded an E-mail that someone sent to NorPac league commissioner Mike Butters and it said...

"A discussion between a couple of friends resulted in this question: 'If a team fails to have more than 6 wins a year for 3 consecutive seasons does this jeopardize their NorPac participation?' The question arose from a rumor that one heard that is a NorPac rule. The discussion arose talking about the Rogue Valley Wranglers and their poor performance the past two seasons. We love hockey in southern Oregon and are worried that this might be the last year for them."

The reply was, "There is no such rule. However, teams are required to be competitive in the eyes of USA Hockey to remained sanctioned. Rogue Valley seriously needs to have a good season to avoid decertification by USA Hockey. To add to this statement, if the current RV ownership cannot accomplish this, NORPAC would assist in bringing competitive hockey to the valley."

Wow! If that doesn't put some pressure on Kevin and Steve to produce a winning team this year. Not sure what NorPac would do to bring competitive hockey to the Rogue Valley, but it sure sounds serious.

Keep sending your comments (no trash), player rumors and news, and I'll try to post them in between my naps, tee times, and beer breaks. (Hope that island retreat has Internet.) The Wrangler blog will try to start up again just before the Wrangler Camp in August. Enjoy your summer and be safe.