Wrangler Curmudgeon Gone

The long-time blog editor, the "Wrangler Curmudgeon" is gone. He took off after vacation and never returned. So now I am your new "blog master." Oh, who am I? The Wrangler Curmudgeon advised me to keep it quiet. I thinks I will.

The Wrangler Camp has come and gone. Was I impressed? No, not really. What struck me was that only a few returning players came back. Instead of listing who didn't return, its easier to list who did - Purslow, Fitchner, Steiner, Kramer, and Blanton. Only 40+ players attended the camp, just enough for two teams. I'm disappointed. None of the CDA players that were supposed to come came. I thought a few players showed some promise but most were just another batch of what we saw last year. The Wranglers have a lot of work to do if they're gonna do any better this year.

In other news, the Generals are having their camp now and have a great turnout. They had a session on college opportunities, advancement, and recruiting opportunities. Several Generals players from last year have moved on to advanced leagues. Tyler Poulsen is playing in the NAHL Kenai Brown Bears. I believe the Generals will be the number one team of the Pacific Division this year.

The Seattle Totems are having a difficult time getting players it has been reported. Many players have left the team and are seeking opportunities elsewhere. I don't think they'll be a strong contender this year. Shawn Pauly advanced to the NAHL this year and will be playing with the Wenatchee Wild. Their camp is this coming week (Aug. 17-21). Assistant Coach AJ Reis is gone with last year's player, Tanner Schulze replacing him as Assistant Coach.

The Tri-City Titans also had a big camp and signed many new players with a lot of promise. Beau Walker advanced to the NAHL Alaska Avalanche. However they signed plenty great players that will replace him. They also had a lot of last year's players return. I think the Titans will be tougher this year than last.

The River City Jaguars camp will be this week (Aug. 21-23). Two players - Pino & Cosford advanced to the NAHL Alaska Avalanche. The Jags are doing some heavy duty recruiting and I think they too will be a big contender this year.

Puget Sound has their camp this weekend (Aug. 21-23) but talk is it will be heavily attended and have plenty of players to choose from. I think they too will be tough this year.

Here's my prognostication of what I believe the season will look like:

  1. Eugene Generals
  2. River City Jaguars

  3. Tri-City Titans

  4. Puget Sound Tomahawks

  5. Seattle Totems

  6. Rogue Valley Wranglers